30 May 14:15 — 16:45
About the session
In this session, we’ll be exploring how designers and researchers can work better together.
Researchers spend time and effort to understand users and their needs. They then share their findings with designers, who then create solutions that meet those needs. For various reasons though, the finer details can fall through the gap between research taking place and the designs being released into the wild.
This workshop will deliver findings from in-depth research into the current ‘gap’ between design and research. It will go on to give practical steps that designers and researchers can take to ensure they are working as a seamless team to deliver exceptional experiences for their users.
- How the two disciplines work together most efficiently, and where designers and researchers should overlap through the process
- Collaborating on research planning
- Frameworks for delivering research findings
- Translating between the disciplines
- Overcoming obstacles - how to resolve common challenges such as a lack of time & budget or difficult clients
UX maturity, Working with others, UX Research, UX Design, Improving your process
- Includes interaction
- Has no number cap
- Runs for 120 minutes + 30 minutes for afternoon break.